Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VR Recommendations

MY PSVR arrived yesterday. Seems like fun to me. That said ive only really seen 2 things that are real games really.
    Drive club and tethered.
    Drive club was kinda cool - but im not sure I would play it with the headset for any length of time - in as much as it doesnt ehance the experience hugley. Yeah it felt fun - but didnt add as much as say playing with a wheel.
    Tethered seem like fun too (though it looks like it might get real hard real quick) but not sure this couldnt have worked just as well without VR.

The stuff on the VR World thing was fun (Parts of which are in the demo disc you geT). Though a lot are 'experiences'. Nothing wrong with that at all - but I dont envisage going back to most of them. (Although the London Heist kept me amused for a while )
    But there wasnt a lot on there that felt like games would play like you would say something like Gears of war (if that makes sense)

I gather tomb raider works in VR but its not clear if its the whole game or theres a bit chucked in for good measure. Star Wars battlefront was fun too - but again I dont know its something I would play over and over.

I've grabbed the until dawn VR thing - well the demo. Might grab the full thing if the demo plays well.

Robinsons adventure looks Ok in videos - and can be gotten for 25 on amazon - but cant decide if I wanna get it or not..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerramone View Post
    MY PSVR arrived yesterday. Seems like fun to me. That said ive only really seen 2 things that are real games really.
    Drive club and tethered.
    Drive club was kinda cool - but im not sure I would play it with the headset for any length of time - in as much as it doesnt ehance the experience hugley. Yeah it felt fun - but didnt add as much as say playing with a wheel.
    Tethered seem like fun too (though it looks like it might get real hard real quick) but not sure this couldnt have worked just as well without VR.

The stuff on the VR World thing was fun (Parts of which are in the demo disc you geT). Though a lot are 'experiences'. Nothing wrong with that at all - but I dont envisage going back to most of them. (Although the London Heist kept me amused for a while )
    But there wasnt a lot on there that felt like games would play like you would say something like Gears of war (if that makes sense)

I gather tomb raider works in VR but its not clear if its the whole game or theres a bit chucked in for good measure. Star Wars battlefront was fun too - but again I dont know its something I would play over and over.

I've grabbed the until dawn VR thing - well the demo. Might grab the full thing if the demo plays well.

Robinsons adventure looks Ok in videos - and can be gotten for 25 on amazon - but cant decide if I wanna get it or not..
    I believe thumper is good. It is also good without vr!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rez is fantastic (but I am a bit bias as it is one of my favourite games of all time).
    Super stardust VR is another great game that is throughly addictive.
    Rush of blood is a jump out of your skin game.
    Eagles flight is totally different as you play through the eyes of a eagle in abandoned Paris (I need to put more time into it though).
    The Xwing mission on Battle front and it's free
    The 1st mission on infinite warfare is a bit crap but it's free and you don't need the full game to play it.
    The Kitchen is a must.

Brought Driveclub VR yesterday but not had time to try it as I was setting up my pro.

Have a look on the ps store and download anything that's free

​Outnumbered never outgunned

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had 1 hour on DriveClub this morning on my wheel and all I can say is oh my god

If you are a good racer it must be out of this work but even a poor racer like myself it just brings VR to life.

The first time you crash it is a real stomach turning experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rownaldo View Post
    Just had 1 hour on DriveClub this morning on my wheel and all I can say is oh my god

If you are a good racer it must be out of this work but even a poor racer like myself it just brings VR to life.

The first time you crash it is a real stomach turning experience
    At the moment I think seated experiences such as driving games or flight sims are the best use of VR in its current state. Until we get full haptic body suits and 1:1 full body tracking the standing and walking around experience is more limited. Of all the VR experiences I have had so far the driving games have been by far the most immersive. The difference it makes to the driving game experience is phenomenal. As you say someone who is not even into driving games could appreciate just what VR adds to the experience. I remember the instant I knew that VR was the future of sim racing. I had been playing Assetto Corsa for a few hours and went to scratch an itch on my face, and got a genuine shock when the in game hand did not let go of the steering wheel and reach up to my face. VR had me so immersed in the experience that my brain was tricked into thinking what I saw was reality. It was a fantastic moment.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PzR Slim View Post
    At the moment I think seated experiences such as driving games or flight sims are the best use of VR in its current state. Until we get full haptic body suits and 1:1 full body tracking the standing and walking around experience is more limited. Of all the VR experiences I have had so far the driving games have been by far the most immersive. The difference it makes to the driving game experience is phenomenal. As you say someone who is not even into driving games could appreciate just what VR adds to the experience. I remember the instant I knew that VR was the future of sim racing. I had been playing Assetto Corsa for a few hours and went to scratch an itch on my face, and got a genuine shock when the in game hand did not let go of the steering wheel and reach up to my face. VR had me so immersed in the experience that my brain was tricked into thinking what I saw was reality. It was a fantastic moment.
    I had a similar think this morning mate, Driving away with my headset on lost in the game when the misses touched my hand and said she was going to work, I shit you not I nearly jumped out of my skin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: uv1
    my question is; is there any games worth playing continuously in VR or is everything just fun experiences?
    "The Thinker knows..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by u1traviolet View Post
    my question is; is there any games worth playing continuously in VR or is everything just fun experiences?
    Any racing game, flight sim, space sim or other sit down game should be able to be played as normal for extended periods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: uv1
    Quote Originally Posted by PzR Slim View Post
    Any racing game, flight sim, space sim or other sit down game should be able to be played as normal for extended periods.
    game titles?
    "The Thinker knows..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by u1traviolet View Post
    game titles?
    Sorry, I don't have PSVR. That's just from my experience of playing games on my Vive such as Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Elite Dangerous & Lucky's Tale to name a few.