4 things SONY could improve on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 things SONY could improve on.

First off, before anyone has a go, i LOVE my PS4 and PS3 and PS Vita. SONY have done a crakcing job with their release, but as someone who owns a Vita, PS3, Xb360, XB1 i have a pretty broad aspect to draw on and think there are areas SONY could get even better at. I'll also do what MS could do to improve on thread if people take this one in the right spirit.

ANYWHO - Here's what i would like SONY to improve on.

1 - If a game is playable on the PS Vita, have it as part of a bundle with the PS4/PS3 game for free.

Let me explain. Some games on the Vita are just as expensive as their big brother counterparts. I would use my Vita far more if i bought a game, say, Walking Dead, on the PS4, but when i purchase that it also means i can play it on the Vita as well. This would encurage me to use my Vita more.

2 - With MS announcing the backwards compatability for Xb1, Sony have got the power to at least respond in kindness.

They could VASTLY reduce the price of the PS3 games on PS Now service. Uncahrted 3 to rent for 2 days is 5. If you go to amazon you can BUY the game outright, right now for 3.83 and keep the game forever.

here's the link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...condition=used

Just imagine, if the price to rent games was 50p for a week... I know i'd suddenly become interested.

3 - Where are all the PS4 exclusives ????

2 years and counting, i'm still waiting for a PS exclusive game to knock my socks off. BIG nod here to Bloodbourne as to be honest the only true brilliant exclsuive. What i find disturbing is 2 years ago, when Beyond Two Souls was released, we were teased with this on the PS4.
    [MEDIA=youtube]BqeuHGESZBA[/MEDIA]

So where is it now ?

Uncharted 4 will no doubt be incredible, but after that some of the PS4 exslusive games, although on occasion, good are in the main average.

Point is, as i was talking with Vambo the other night, SONY, give me a reason other than Uncharted to be excited about owning a PS4 for it's exclusive games.

4 - Bring back Kevin Butler!!!

Who is the voice/face of Sony to build the hype ?
    When Gamescom and E3 happened, if you turned your PS4 on, you would have never known anything was going on. Only time you see or know anything going on is SONY world is the little updates in the PS store that you have to find. Turn Xb1 on and it's there.

SONY HAD Kevin Butler and frankly i think they need him back to get people excited about upcoming PS4 games. I miss him anyway... Here's a tribute to Kevin

Favourite quote from these videos
    " what's your favourite snack "
    " I consume, a healthy dose of online suckers every day"

[MEDIA=youtube]MaRSA7Fm7OY[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]1HXVLVNaHXw[/MEDIA]

I LOVE this advert!!! I want MORE of this
    [MEDIA=youtube]5sxT77t5NVQ[/MEDIA]

Don't have a ps4 but I would imagine they need to reconsider allowing ea access even if it does interfere with ps+ Sales.

The Xbox now has ea access, backwards compatibility plus one gold subscribers get 4 free games a month.

It's hard to imagine Xbox not closing the gap and eventually overtaking at some point if things stay as they are.

Comment

I agree on the PS Vita. Not sure what they are planning with it but Sony don't really have control on wether Devs allow people to automatically get free crossbuy on all games. So is that Sony at fault.

Exclusives are pretty even are they not?

Comment

i agree with cross-buy thing, Geometry Wars 3 is exactly same game on all three systems [content wise] but not cross-buy, it should be one rule for all.

i have a couple of playstation exclusive games which knock my socks off
        “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Cross buy should be the choice of the developers. Asking for extra copies is asking for a buy one get two free. Not only are they completely different consoles / handheld but it's money lost from gaining two more sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedeck, post: 256049, member: 1396
            Cross buy should be the choice of the developers. Asking for extra copies is asking for a buy one get two free. Not only are they completely different consoles / handheld but it's money lost from gaining two more sales.
            your right but this is where i feel SONY should step in somehow. Another example I have Samurai Warriors 4 and love it. I spent 30 on it for the PS4 from brand new. I'd love to play this in the day on the go when i could from my game save on the Vita, and it is available on the vita. But to do this but i have to pay another 30 to get it on there aswell!

My thought would be if you buy a game brand new, especially the SONY first party games, not second hand, you get all available platform options PS4/PS3/PS Vita linked to your account. The Vita games are just as expensive as the PS4 / PS3 verison, so why not ?

The aim of this is to encourage people to use the Vita more often

Comment

Here's my favourite Kevin Butler ads
              H0q3qcLkw1A
              oKqGWpducaU
              [vide]9HU9i4zzG4E[/video]

Comment

All good stuff Pete.

The only thing I can add is that as of now, even though I've been very happy with my PS4, I haven't seen an exclusive on either platform that I thought was a must have, exception is Last of Us but of course that really was a PS3 game so doesn't really count.

Thinking back to the days of PS2 and PS3, seems to me the best games emerged some way in to the life of the consoles and towards the end of the consoles run, they didn't have all the great games at the beginning, but they did come.

I think that's the story with that, they reel you in at the beginning with hints of this and that but the big hitters don't come out until some time later, some of these games are in development for 5 years or more aren't they, so it really is a bit of a waiting game with exclusives particularly.

But...when Uncharted, Last of Us, GT7 and whatever else they have turns up, you and I will be like pigs in shite mate lol.

Not fussed on backwards compatibility. It's surprising how quickly last gen stuff has aged, I very rarely play anything now from last gen.

Comment

I want to have the ability to tag certain friends that will then trigger a notification when they log online. Seriously Sony, how hard can it be?

Comment

The PS Now prices are going to kill the service before its even gotten off the ground I think.
                    More so compared to the BC that the XB1 is doing !
                    Whilst not everyone wants this any people that do I dont expect will wanna pay that kinda price tag to get it !

Comment

PS now is a pointless waste of time in my opinion. So is back compatibility. I bought a powerful console to play the latest and greatest games.
                      If I wanted to play old games I'd have just kept my PS3

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn__Hybrid__ View Post
                        PS now is a pointless waste of time in my opinion. So is back compatibility. I bought a powerful console to play the latest and greatest games.
                        agreed. I'm glad I kept my PS3's I think the whole rent thing is a terrible idea. I know its on another platform but I've just brought halo reach for under a fiver and its mine forever not just a week, and if I choose to I could buy a PS3 game of about the same age for the same-ish price
                        “The thinker knows...”

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn__Hybrid__ View Post
                          Not everyone wants to keep 4 consoles around, but does want to play stuff that maybe you cant play on the new ones.

Comment

Backwards compatibility never appealed to me.. can't see the point of buying a new system to play old games.. just my opinion but i am happy to keep my old consoles anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X