News

SMF - Just Installed!

Coronavirus and the Lockdown.

zapiy · 20745

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 03:30:58 AM
I hear you there mate as it has felt like I had my own private stretch of the M5 for the last few months.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 02:56:10 AM
Well after fighting the impossible with what is going on in the world and in the automotive sector we got told tonight that the company is closing our other UK facility and there will also be redundancy's at the facility where I work.

No numbers announced yet but this will cover all departments.

Oh the joy of covid 19 and Brexit have really buggered us over.   

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 01, 2020, 00:38:11 AM
Sorry to hear this mate. Fingers crossed for you.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 03, 2020, 00:10:43 AM
Thanks Jamie.

I think all people in the automotive supply chain could see this coming at some point, I was hoping the work we do for the medical industry may save us but it has not worked out like that.

Hopefully we will find out the numbers this week.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 02, 2020, 11:22:06 AM
Sorry to read this mate. Hope everything works out for you.
Emily my partner was made redundant back in July. But luckily found a new job a week before her leaving date.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 02, 2020, 19:55:22 PM
So much change is yet to come I suspect, I guess all we can do is go with the flow.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: September 03, 2020, 01:59:19 AM
Well I have avoided the dreaded redundancy but will only feel really save after the 21st as appeals are being heard over the next few weeks but I do feel confident I will be okay now thank goodness.

Horrible situation what is going at my place as we have seen a lot of friends going from all 3 shifts.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 03, 2020, 20:30:02 PM
How do they choose the redundancy m8?

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 04, 2020, 00:59:20 AM
A few things are used for the metrics, Time & attendance, Quality notifications, Open disciplinary's, Skill sets, Core behaviours, PDR (personal development reviews) scores for the last 12 months.

Don't get me wrong a lot of the people picked to go have made their beds over the last 12 months and now they have to live with their actions but there are some that will be leaving that have not done a lot wrong but the cuts needed are very deep (half the workforce) and it has encroached on some of the better people.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 04, 2020, 19:31:08 PM
Got my fingers crossed for you mate

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 13:12:30 PM
Things not looking great, more infections and not enough testing, hard to know where we are going with this.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 17, 2020, 14:04:43 PM
I think there's capacity to manage and deal with this, but not if too many people just ignore all the warnings about how to do things safely and that's what is starting to go wrong now.

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 18, 2020, 00:28:32 AM
We have 5 people off at the moment as the schools have sent their children home for showing symptoms and the whole families are in self isolation, The two I have spoken to have said that their child coughed twice and was sent home, All have had the tests but are waiting for the results.

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 18, 2020, 01:25:50 AM
My daughter was off school last Thursday / Friday (year 4). When she went back on Monday we apologised for her not being in school, the teacher hadn't even relised she wasn't there! Like WTF are the teaching staff doing then? We were so worried she would still have a residual cough or something but heard nothing from the school. Whereas a friend of ours has a daughter who started year 1, she contacted the school, told them the girl had just got over a cold and was told she couldn't attend school until she had a clear Covid-19 test, again WTF. A cold is NOT Covid jesus. Not only that she couldn't find a place closer than 2 hours driving time to get a test done, what an effing joke this all is.

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #59 on: January 05, 2021, 07:56:45 AM
New Lockdown - TIer 5 for all :(

Presuming you all saw this, I'm of the opinion it is needed and I think school's closing though painful was needed given the risk it posed. Hopefully this time will be a bit easier mentally as many of us now have support bubbles, plus there are some services still open that were not last time - Garden Centres/Recycling - so there is a little more to do.

I'm sorry if you're affected work wise, I didn't see any changes to the furlough scheme which is still running until April 2021 so if you are sent home now do please direct your employer here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo