News

SMF - Just Installed!

Xbox price rumours

DEADDOLL666 · 6509

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
on: August 24, 2020, 00:33:44 AM
So does anyone think the Xbox series x will be $599?
If it is are people willing to pay that? If the uk don’t get shafted on the exchange rate. It should be about £450

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:32:23 AM
£400+ is too rich for me, especially now they lost Halo Infinite until next year. There's a handful of new titles that look promising but I've been burnt too often this generation on games that have been disaapointng and I should have waited on them.

I'm actually more likely to get a Xbox One X before a Series X.

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 10:51:53 AM
I’m willing to pay upto £500 (Same with P S5). The x1 was originally £450 (thanks to Kinect )
I’m going to sell my X1X project Scorpio edition before it’s realeased. So that should pay for a bit of it.

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 11:10:46 AM
Ive heard the price of the new Xbox & Playstation are gonna be priced between £500 to £600 in the UK, which at that price, im decided im not getting any, Id rather upgrade my PC for that amount

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

UltraViolet

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 11:37:24 AM
There's going to be two consoles next generation from Microsoft so I think they will be around £400 and £600
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 11:39:08 AM by UltraViolet »

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 11:51:20 AM
Ive heard the price of the new Xbox & Playstation are gonna be priced between £500 to £600 in the UK, which at that price, im decided im not getting any, Id rather upgrade my PC for that amount

I think a lot of people may think that, especially MS now does Gamepass and Play Anywhere accross PC and Xbox so you're library is available on both.

There's going to be two consoles next generation from Microsoft so I think they will be around £400 and £600

There are - Xbox Series S is the other one and it's a halfway machine between One X and Series X but it is digital only so not for me. Some spec's leaked a few days ago: https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/news/xbox-series-s-leak-teases-1440p-budget-games-console.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 18:12:55 PM
Hopefully both MS and Sony just stop with this complete silence and finally say the amount

Ghosty445

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 10:23:41 AM
TBH Its annoying that this close to release we still don't have a price, both Microsoft and Sony need to stop messing around waiting for the other so they can undercut and just give us the prices. Some people will need to make sure they can actually afford the console/save  without going short

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 19:32:41 PM
Hopefully now the price of the RTX cards are out. They might finally reveal the prices. I heard Sony could be doing it 9th of September...but who knows lol

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 08, 2020, 12:53:26 PM
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed?amp&__twitter_impression=true
https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1303246742519984129/photo/1

$299 for the Series S (Confirmed as £249 UK)
$499 for the Series X

Both too high for me, I don't like the digital only approach of the S but if it had a disc drive I'd condsider it. The X is way over what I'd pay currently for a console so I'll be waiting a while before I upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 12:55:26 PM by WiggyDiggyPoo »

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 00:41:25 AM
I’m fine with the price. Glad it wasn’t £600 like people predicted.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 21:21:07 PM
I think the price is decent but doing these split systems waters down the release.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 08:14:17 AM
I think the price is decent but doing these split systems waters down the release.

I don't think it will, it's only 2 systems to pick from.

I just wish both had a disc drive as I like the Series S more, but I don't want to be locked into digital only because of the closed marketplace MS has.

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 00:57:10 AM

I don't think it will, it's only 2 systems to pick from.

I just wish both had a disc drive as I like the Series S more, but I don't want to be locked into digital only because of the closed marketplace MS has.

The Series S may seem like a decent option if you want to go the digital route but I was listening to a streamer talk about it and he made a lot of sense. Especially when it came to the graphics options in the S which are lower than the spec of the X. As part of that lower spec, when you crunch the numbers (and I can't remeber what he said word for word but) certain games required more VRAM than is available to play at quoted resolution/framerate.I guess time will tell; comparison below.

Processor
Series S: CPU. 8X Cores @ 3.6 GHz (3.4 GHz w/SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU
Series X: CPU. 8X Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz w/SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU

Memory
Series S: GPU. 4 TFLOPS, 20 CUs @1.565 GHz
Series X: GPU. 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs @1.825 GHz Custom RDNA 2 GPU

Series S: Memory. 10GB GDDR6 128 bit-wide bus:    Memory Bandwidth. 8 GB @ 224 GB/s, 2 GB @ 56 GB/s.
Series X: Memory. 16GB GDDR6 w/320 bit-wide bus : Memory Bandwidth. 10 GB @ 560 GB/s, 6 GB @ 336 GB/s.

Video Capabilities
Series S: Gaming Resolution. 1440p
Series X: Gaming Resolution. True 4K

Series S & X: Performance Target. Up to 120 FPS
Series S & X: HDMI Features. Auto Low Latency Mode. HDMI Variable Refresh Rate. AMD FreeSync.

Series S: -/-
Series X: High Dynamic Range. Up to 8K HDR

Series S: -/-
Series X: Optical Drive. 4K UHD Blu-Ray

Sound
Series S & X:
Dolby Digital 5.1 : Dolby TrueHD with Atmos : DTS 5.1 : Up to 7.1 L-PCM

Connectivity
Series S & X:
HDMI. 1x HDMI 2.1 port
USB. 3x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
Wireless. 802.11ac dual band
Ethernet. 802.3 10/100/1000
Accessories radio. Dedicated dual band Xbox Wireless radio

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 10:17:54 AM
The Series S may seem like a decent option if you want to go the digital route but I was listening to a streamer talk about it and he made a lot of sense. Especially when it came to the graphics options in the S which are lower than the spec of the X. As part of that lower spec, when you crunch the numbers (and I can't remeber what he said word for word but) certain games required more VRAM than is available to play at quoted resolution/framerate.I guess time will tell; comparison below.

I think I'm going to wait a while, I like the idea of getting a new console and potentially (once the trade ins start happening) I might pick up a OneX second hand but there's lots of information out there predicting what may happen but I'd like to see what will happen  8)