News

SMF - Just Installed!

Cycling.

Rownaldo · 7937

Rownaldo

• View Profile
on: April 17, 2020, 15:44:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is into cycling ?

I used to do both road and off road but after losing a college at work in a road traffic accident I don’t really do roads anymore.

I have a hard tail Cube attention and a Cannondale synapse.

Anyone else like to get out and about and any suggestions for good rides or trails.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 15:48:47 PM by Rownaldo »

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 16:40:58 PM
its been a lon time sincee ive been on both my bikes, dont really get time to do it with both me & wife working, I'd love to get out now while on furlough but with the wife being frontline care worker im at home with kids & they dont like bikes so its just walks at the minute, hopefully ill get back into it again

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 17:23:17 PM
I took the misses out on Sunday and it was painful, Having to travel at half speed and she would only do 10 miles.

I was thinking bloody hell I have only just warmed up lol

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 19:24:01 PM
I am mate, I got myself a Vitus mountain bike last year, not managed to get out on it yet since the coronavirus but I will.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 20:08:44 PM
Try any canals or rivers trails Jamie, Nice and flat plus stunning scenery.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 20:21:05 PM
I’ve got a carrera vengeance which I use for river side tracks and bridal ways around here.
But I’ve got my full sus specialized big hit 3 FSR downhill mtb. That’s for more doing trials and gap jumps etc. Got into doing that last year. It’s such an adrenaline rush and my mate is teaching me and helping push me into doing bigger drops and jumps that I don’t think I can do. Until he pushes me a bit and I clear them and then go onto bigger things.

This is one of the spots we ride around here. This is me and my mate riding
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 20:22:59 PM by DEADDOLL666 »

cryingscotsman

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 10:05:47 AM
Did the coast to coast on the Trans Pennine Trail a few years back and fancied it again this year (no chance now though lol - maybe next year).

Once this is over, looking forward to getting back on the trails though.

UltraViolet

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 02:37:42 AM
i'm a full-time cyclist [i don't drive] i recently brought a new bike as i christmas present for myself a Commencal Meta HT AM i didn't think the 27.5 inch wheels would be much different to the old 26 inch ones on my D-Jab but coupled with the wider tyres it feels realy great off road.

we've planned a cycle holiday in the Pyrenees for september [one of the reasons i brought a new bike] but with me not working at the moment because of the pandemic im not sure if that will still be going ahead.
can't get rid of my 'old' bike, it still has pace in my heart and is a totally different ride being fully rigid.

in these strange times it is nice to see more people out on their bikes and hopefully it will continue after everything gets back to a new 'normal'

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 14:45:24 PM
I keep promising myself I will get on my bike more. And when I do I enjoy it - but still struggle to motivate myself to get on it.

Keep looking at them turbo trainer deelys too - but the decent ones are well expensive.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 18:31:59 PM
i'm a full-time cyclist [i don't drive] i recently brought a new bike as i christmas present for myself a Commencal Meta HT AM i didn't think the 27.5 inch wheels would be much different to the old 26 inch ones on my D-Jab but coupled with the wider tyres it feels realy great off road.

we've planned a cycle holiday in the Pyrenees for september [one of the reasons i brought a new bike] but with me not working at the moment because of the pandemic im not sure if that will still be going ahead.
can't get rid of my 'old' bike, it still has pace in my heart and is a totally different ride being fully rigid.

in these strange times it is nice to see more people out on their bikes and hopefully it will continue after everything gets back to a new 'normal'
My Cube is 29 inch wheels and I cannot believe just how much of a speed difference it was over my old Carrera 26 inch wheels.
Think my average speed went from 10 mph to 15 mph.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 21, 2020, 12:30:28 PM
I just picked up a bike rack so I can go to the local trails. Looking forward to getting out on them.

UltraViolet

Reply #11 on: April 21, 2020, 13:38:19 PM
I just picked up a bike rack so I can go to the local trails. Looking forward to getting out on them.

Well, not at the moment you can’t :-)

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 19:27:32 PM
I think its time i got my bikes out my shed and cleaned up, i need to do something new

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 10:26:52 AM
Yeah, I am going out on mine tomorrow, not a long ride but a nice slow one around a mill near me.,

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 20:09:57 PM
Yeah, I am going out on mine tomorrow, not a long ride but a nice slow one around a mill near me.,
You need to go do some riding like this lol