News

SMF - Just Installed!

Forza - Whats your fave

homerramone · 12674

homerramone

• View Profile
on: April 22, 2020, 09:13:02 AM
Saw skys post in another thread and thought rather than hijack that one I would start another here.

There are 7 forzas not including the horizons.
Whats your  fave and why.
I think Sky is probably right - 4 is probably the best.
Best we dont speak of 5 - which felt (to me at least) it should have been free with a handful of cars and you paid for the cars you wanted with real money - or bought a car pass and got to choose <X> cars or something - because it was surely a grindfest.
6 Maybe felt a little better. It finally had weather at least even if it was pre-baked into each map so to speak.
7 I guess is maybe a little better - better choice of tracks including some old faves. But I dislike the structure of the single player - once you start a series your stuck with it. You could pick and chose what you wanted from the huge grid in 4 - so you didnt have to do 6, 8 lap races in a car you might not like as you do in 7.
Dislike the private lobby changes in 7 too tbh. I should be able to start a lobby myself if I want - why cant I ? In case I "cheat" to get some achievments. Really? FFS does it matter ?
I also liked how you could fully customise the AI in 4 - which you just cant do any more.
Reckon if you created a list of features and such for each theres still a ton that was in 4 that just isnt anymore. And little in 7 to offer improvement.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 10:52:05 AM
I'll split my answer into 2 for Motorsport and Horizon, its not fair to compare them both!

Motorsport
I agree FM4 probably was the peak for me. It had the best custom options available for competitions and the single player mode was rewarding without being as endless as I remember FM3 being. I lost interest in the motorsport series after that as the horizon series came out.

Horizon
FH2 for a long time, even after FH3 and FH4 came out, was my goto racer for multiplayer. It was a big improvment physics wise from FH1 and didnt have the emphasis on getting skill points to win that FH3 does. It's also got one of the best locations in the Italian/French Riverias.

FH4 is my favourite though overall. Its set in the UK, mostly around Lake District/Peak District/Edinburgh. The variety of stuff to do is off the charts. Eliminator is giant game of cat + mouse accross the whole map, there are new championships and challenges weekly with their own rewards, stories that have (hilariously badly acted) people giving you silly things to do, hourly there is a Forzathon which is a quick challenge with random people to earn rewards. Then of course there is the racing, single player is great fun with the new weekly events keeping it fresh and multiplayer has a large variety of modes to pick. I personally favour team unranked as it splits between S2-S1-A-B Road/Offroad racing fairly evenly, you can setup custom events for yourselves if you wish.

Theres are couple niggles - Ranked is too slow to find matches and is currently bugged for me, and the UI/Interface is horribly slow sometimes but neither stop me playing the game.

FH4 is also cross play PC > XBox and you don't need XBL (apparently) for PC. Potentially for a game night?

Here's a picture of me in an Aston Martin Vulcan racing a totally not a lookalike Vulcan Aircraft (-;

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo

UltraViolet

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 13:09:38 PM
For me would have to say Forza 3 . It’s the one which I’ve enjoyed the most while sinking in a lot of time with it. Pretty much every evening after work I would do another championship from the massive grid and wouldn’t stop until I did all of it

Because of this thread I’m at the moment re-installing Forza 7 be good to have another go of the latest version

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 19:07:57 PM
FM4 was the best for me, nothing has ever come close to it since, wish they would do Forza 8 just like forza 4

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

UltraViolet

Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 01:04:00 AM
did a 81 lap eduro race tonight on Forza 7 its was lovely to get back into it :-)

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 07:17:35 AM
I tried doing just that few does ago. Get back into it that is not do an 80 lapper.
Didnt finish a race. :(

UltraViolet

Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 10:11:14 AM
i think that was the longest one in the campaign. only two more to do which by the looks of will be in a weeks time

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 13:11:18 PM
Ive got a bunch of the endurance races left. Done one or two. Most of the races I have left are in the mad fast cars - which I just dont enjoy driving. This is kinda what I was saying about 4 - you could pick and choose. Do the odd fast car here and there..

On a related note ive still a ton to do in GTS too - which I quite like since they gave it a 1p. Must fire that up soon !

UltraViolet

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 14:16:54 PM
Oh yeah, GTS is such quality. Every time a start it up I’m hooked for a few days and I surpose that’s why we don’t see GT games that often anymore . I do wish though that it was a single player game with a online racer bit tacked on afterwards.

Now, how am I going to try and play GRID today starring at the GTS icon on the dashboard lol
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:12:19 AM by UltraViolet »

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 15:20:25 PM
Fm4 was definitely my favourite. Had some great times on that here

olixse

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 17:57:00 PM
4 for me too, had the most features and content ( i think? ) and had a great time taking part in the mvg Tora races. Also really enjoyed the horizon games and think i prefer them to the newer motorsport games.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 10:05:57 AM
With the amount of FM titles over the years I may have go lost with them, I am thinking it was FM3, the storefront, the MVG designs, the racing with Barrybarfly his mates, this was when I learned more about forza and running a site like MVG, it was when this place took off, it was a time when we have 2 lobbys full most race nights all racing versions of the MVG cars.

I think this carried on into FM4 but the storefront lost its shine, this was the start of the downward turn for me, it was still a great game as all of them have been, but they discounted the fans in order to go mass market and I get that.

The Horizon games were all great Forza titles, for me it has to be the 1st one, this one was the one that broke the mould and did something different with Forza.

sniperste77

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 13:00:53 PM
Fm4 and forza horizon 4 although still have the original horizon on x1 bc.

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 04, 2020, 09:06:29 AM
@zapiy

Do you remember this?

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 04, 2020, 13:13:03 PM
Hmm if we're doing old pictures.... Me in a BMW M3 at Nürburgring in FM3  ;D