News

SMF - Just Installed!

EA Play ( Access) being added to Game Pass Ultimate

olixse · 6032

olixse

• View Profile
on: September 10, 2020, 09:18:42 AM
"When we created Xbox Game Pass, we did so with the vision of bringing you more great games to discover and play with your friends. Over the last three years, we’ve delivered on that vision by bringing more content to our 10 million members, and we’ve expanded the service to reach people wherever they play, across devices. At E3 in 2019, we introduced Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for PC – and last month, we shared that Ultimate members can play more than 100 games from the cloud on their Android phone or tablet beginning September 15.

Today, we’re excited to announce the next step in this journey. We are teaming up with Electronic Arts to provide Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members with an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10."

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 09:52:54 AM
There was a lot announced yesterday including this. I'm really interested now in the Xbox All Access programme which for £28.99/m I'd get Series X, Game Pass Ultimate and now EA Access as well. It's a 24 month contract and you keep the console at the end though you'd need to buy Gamepass again at that time.

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 00:42:18 AM
Such a great addition to what already is a great service

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 21:22:30 PM
There was a lot announced yesterday including this. I'm really interested now in the Xbox All Access programme which for £28.99/m I'd get Series X, Game Pass Ultimate and now EA Access as well. It's a 24 month contract and you keep the console at the end though you'd need to buy Gamepass again at that time.

This is the deal I want to go for.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 08:17:40 AM
This is the deal I want to go for.

Its not bad is it, Game Pass Ultimate + Console for < £30. Not sure they're not losing money on that lol!

stonesroses

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 21:37:01 PM
Bloody good value but I think I’m tempted with the ps5 and will keep hold of the xbox one x for a while.

As good value as ultimate is it just adds even more to the pile of shame.

Fancy a change and will probably go for the digital version providing the price difference makes it viable.

stonesroses

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 00:51:29 AM
Really, there is nobody here chatting. I’ll keep it brief then, PlayStation digital gets my vote

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 08:24:10 AM
Really, there is nobody here chatting. I’ll keep it brief then, PlayStation digital gets my vote

I'm really debating with myself wether to go all digital now, the traditionlist in me wants to keep the drive but in reality I've bought less than half the games on disc for XboxOne than I did for Xbox360. And many games get completely replaced in time so the disc is a licence only, no more.

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 01:12:14 AM

I'm really debating with myself wether to go all digital now, the traditionlist in me wants to keep the drive but in reality I've bought less than half the games on disc for XboxOne than I did for Xbox360. And many games get completely replaced in time so the disc is a licence only, no more.

I've always wanted a disc drive in my consoles, maybe I'm a traditionalist too but, I also like playing my blu-rays too and the lack of a dedicated True 4K blu-ray drive would really piss me off.
The vast majority of films I stream from Sky On Demand are HD, not True 4K, so does that mean streaming True 4K (and not upscaled 2K or upscaled HD) is considered too much for the UK internet to handle in general? I know that a large number of gamers, not all but a large number, have decent or very decent download speeds but the rest of the UK?? I'd be surprised if the UK in general had decent DL speeds and so many people get sold on things like BT's advert for "best wi-fi blah blah blah" but that doesn't mean shit if you've got a crap DL speed anyway, just saying.
One other thing, how many parents are likely to opt for the cheaper console only to find out that everything has to be downloaded, young gamers who have no say on what their parents get for broadband and up with a capped service of 25-50GB a month deals, they are screwed for downloading games if it is not stored on a disc. Just a few of my thoughts on this.

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 10:12:11 AM
I've always wanted a disc drive in my consoles, maybe I'm a traditionalist too but, I also like playing my blu-rays too and the lack of a dedicated True 4K blu-ray drive would really piss me off.
The vast majority of films I stream from Sky On Demand are HD, not True 4K, so does that mean streaming True 4K (and not upscaled 2K or upscaled HD) is considered too much for the UK internet to handle in general? I know that a large number of gamers, not all but a large number, have decent or very decent download speeds but the rest of the UK?? I'd be surprised if the UK in general had decent DL speeds and so many people get sold on things like BT's advert for "best wi-fi blah blah blah" but that doesn't mean shit if you've got a crap DL speed anyway, just saying.
One other thing, how many parents are likely to opt for the cheaper console only to find out that everything has to be downloaded, young gamers who have no say on what their parents get for broadband and up with a capped service of 25-50GB a month deals, they are screwed for downloading games if it is not stored on a disc. Just a few of my thoughts on this.

Streaming I've really only started using a lot in lockdown - I have Netflix and Amazon Prime - but I haven't tried 4k yet. I'm with BT for i'net and get 30Mbps on copper wire not fibre, I'd imagine yes if I want a DL only console I'd want a faster service but mine is at least uncapped and not subject to traffic management. I say though capped internet really shouldnt be a thing at all nowadays, especially given the current climate!

>  only to find out that everything has to be downloaded

I already hear tales from people at work that they have to manage their kids download habits otherwise their network dies as little johhny and stacey are downloading everything!

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 10:25:29 AM

Streaming I've really only started using a lot in lockdown - I have Netflix and Amazon Prime - but I haven't tried 4k yet. I'm with BT for i'net and get 30Mbps on copper wire not fibre, I'd imagine yes if I want a DL only console I'd want a faster service but mine is at least uncapped and not subject to traffic management. I say though capped internet really shouldnt be a thing at all nowadays, especially given the current climate!

>  only to find out that everything has to be downloaded

I already hear tales from people at work that they have to manage their kids download habits otherwise their network dies as little johhny and stacey are downloading everything!

My fears exactly, the UK in general simply does not have a good enough internet/broadband structure to move into a true digital era; only some of us do.....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 10:29:17 AM by skyshadow5 »

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!