News

SMF - Just Installed!

Cycling.

Rownaldo · 1255

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 13:41:38 PM
Personally I'm not into cycling but prefer walking but where I live it is right on the edge of Dartmoor and we see a lot of cyclist and are lucky in the amount of cycle paths we have both on road and off road, in fact some areas have cycle paths both on pavement and on road in the same place. But what gets me and I'm only speaking from my own experience as a pedestrian is how bad the majority of cyclist are at social distancing when cycling past, having no regard on narrower pathways or shared pathways and even refusing to use the roads when they are relatively empty.

UltraViolet

Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 00:26:48 AM
Personally I'm not into cycling but prefer walking but where I live it is right on the edge of Dartmoor and we see a lot of cyclist and are lucky in the amount of cycle paths we have both on road and off road, in fact some areas have cycle paths both on pavement and on road in the same place. But what gets me and I'm only speaking from my own experience as a pedestrian is how bad the majority of cyclist are at social distancing when cycling past, having no regard on narrower pathways or shared pathways and even refusing to use the roads when they are relatively empty.

people sweating near / around you is one of the easiest ways to catch something. I popped out for a ride on my local trails and there was so many people out and the single track so narrow i was stopping every 5 minutes to let people pass. Bare in mind the routes I normally go are pretty much empty
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 02:15:39 AM by UltraViolet »

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 15:31:37 PM
I was thinking it may be safer to walk in the road.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 21:31:22 PM
Was out on Saturday with my football mate for a ride and they all turned up on hybrids, I thought I was going to get killed as I was on my MTB.

Turned out not one of them could keep up and I ended up dropping my speed from 15 mph to around 8 mph and that was a struggle for them lol.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 20:08:37 PM
Was out on Saturday with my football mate for a ride and they all turned up on hybrids, I thought I was going to get killed as I was on my MTB.

Turned out not one of them could keep up and I ended up dropping my speed from 15 mph to around 8 mph and that was a struggle for them lol.

Sounds like they need E-bikes lol

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 02:07:21 AM
One of them actually said that on the ride.

Personally I do not see the point of a E bike as getting the heart up to speed and tough climbs are what makes cycling fun.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 09:55:52 AM
Anything that gets people off of their arses is ok by me and e-bikes make cycling more accessible to people who would normally not consider cycling as a form of exercise and it's not like they don't need to put some effort in.