News

SMF - Just Installed!

what's the last film / TV show you watched?

UltraViolet · 1716

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 13:42:27 PM
Watched 1917 quite simply brilliant.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 21:07:50 PM
I watched extraction last night on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Felt very much like john wick

UltraViolet

• What’s for tea mother?.... PINS!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 00:47:27 AM
I watched extraction last night on Netflix. I really enjoyed it. Felt very much like john wick

hopefully the director will get more jobs directing. that was his first picture in the seat

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 07:59:22 AM
I read somewhere about one the scenes being 30 minutes long and shot in one take, quite incredible considering it was the directors first.

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 11:02:38 AM
I read somewhere about one the scenes being 30 minutes long and shot in one take, quite incredible considering it was the directors first.

if you like 'action' films give it a go, your not be disappointed

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 12:12:04 PM

if you like 'action' films give it a go, your not be disappointed

I will as soon as I manage to wrestle the remote control from other members of the household.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 00:57:20 AM
Watched the 1st episode of gangs of London over the weekend, We are really enjoying it so far but I will warn you there is plenty of violence in it.

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 02:22:16 AM
Watched the 1st episode of gangs of London over the weekend, We are really enjoying it so far but I will warn you there is plenty of violence in it.

i'm currently  watching it as well. you can see quite a lot of 'The Raid' films camera work in the action scenes as it was done by the same director. it will be interesting to see how it all pans out

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 06:44:45 AM
Watched Extraction and have to say that 30 minute one shot seen was absolutely amazing and brilliantly done in fact the best part of the film, and on the whole the film was enjoyable enough to watch. Where I have a problem is the seemingly endless number of enemies willing to line themselves up to be shot, there is no realism to it whatsoever.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 02:18:16 AM
I watched extraction and did really enjoy it.

Started the Tiger king this evening after watching Louie Theroux documentary about the most Americas most dangerous pets on Monday.

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 15, 2020, 09:56:06 AM
Watched 'Ready Or Not' a few days ago, I dark comedy horror which was realy good

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 02:52:39 AM
Watched the dead don't die over the weekend, Something a bit different.

Also watched Friday again with Ice cube and Chris Tucker then after that menace to society, Classics.

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 08:31:08 AM
Deadpool 2 - again :)

I tried to watch extraction a few weeks ago and lost the will to live. I have a real bee in my bonnet about this current trend for having lots of dialog in a different language and there being subtitles.
Its not that I cant cope - if I watch a Bruce Lee movie - that was made in Chinese in the first place than thats fine. This cobblers about putting it in there because its more immersive doesnt wash with me at all. Few lines of whatever language with subtitles then switch to English - I get the idea this person is speaking another language I dont want to have to read the subs to be more immersed. (I dont recall the last time I talked to someone that was speaking another language and subtitles appeared underneath them - so its not a realism thing either).
Rant complete :)

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 17, 2020, 13:54:20 PM
I found Extraction to be one of the best action films of this year so far

Currently watching ‘Jett’ on amazon video, a very good show which premiered last year, mildly funny as well

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eQp7Uqdb7o4

I also have ‘Parasite’ qued up for tonight which really looking forward to. All sub titles in that film :-)

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: June 19, 2020, 08:54:16 AM
If its all because its all in another language im fine with that. Its when they add them "to make it more real" or "more immersive" i object. (Esp since that usually means "because its trendy to do that now")