News

SMF - Just Installed!

what's the last film / TV show you watched?

UltraViolet · 739

UltraViolet

• What’s for tea mother?.... PINS!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 19, 2020, 09:35:18 AM
If its all because its all in another language im fine with that. Its when they add them "to make it more real" or "more immersive" i object. (Esp since that usually means "because its trendy to do that now")

You should try the series ‘Tunnel’ about a murder in the channel tunnel :-)

homerramone

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 13:01:22 PM
Think I might have tried that a while back. Forget if I got to the end.
A few here and there is fine by me. Couple of lines in whatever language with some subs, but then switch the the main language once the point has been made so to speak.

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 22, 2020, 22:34:36 PM
Watched GEMINI MAN with Will Smith

I was expecting it to be a reboot of the old Charlton Heston film, but was pleasantly surprised to end up watching a genuinely good “John Wick” style action film

~GC~

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 00:33:10 AM
Watched GEMINI MAN with Will Smith

I was expecting it to be a reboot of the old Charlton Heston film, but was pleasantly surprised to end up watching a genuinely good “John Wick” style action film

you mean 'The Omega Man' ? Will Smith did kind of redo that one with his 'I Am Legend' ?

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 03:45:42 AM
Oh yeah, that’ll be why it was NOTHING like what I was expecting 😂😂

~GC~

Spacedeck

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 10:58:22 AM
Finished Merlin a few days ago. I wish there was another series but man Katie McGrath  :-*

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:39 AM
you mean 'The Omega Man' ? Will Smith did kind of redo that one with his 'I Am Legend' ?

He did yeah, theres also an alternative ending to the film thats interesting. It got some mixed reviews but I enjoyed it and seeing as it's based on a virus wiping out most of the population, might be a good watch right now  ;)

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo
Pulling Together - Order beer and ale from pubs in your area https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 24, 2020, 16:13:59 PM
He did yeah, theres also an alternative ending to the film thats interesting. It got some mixed reviews but I enjoyed it and seeing as it's based on a virus wiping out most of the population, might be a good watch right now  ;)

If virus film are your thing try “Outbreak” or “Contagion”

~GC~

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 02:05:56 AM
Been working my way through the Louise Theroux weird weekends.

Brilliant but some are really disturbing, The one on hypnotism in particular. 

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 25, 2020, 13:41:43 PM

I've seen Outbreak, nice enough but not a classic. Contagion I haven't seen and it's on Amazon Prime so I've popped that onto the watch list cheers  :)

Pulling Together - Order beer and ale from pubs in your area https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 25, 2020, 21:11:12 PM

I've seen Outbreak, nice enough but not a classic. Contagion I haven't seen and it's on Amazon Prime so I've popped that onto the watch list cheers  :)

Contagion is the best film about a viral outbreak.

expertly directed by Steven Soderbergh with a great cast as well.

whatever you thought you would be watching next, leave it. seriously leave it. put this on instead you will not be disappointed

watching this trailer now today it all doesn't seem to far fetched, unlike when i saw it on release of the film nine years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ADAwfrwGs

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 25, 2020, 21:18:16 PM
Been working my way through the Louise Theroux weird weekends.

Brilliant but some are really disturbing, The one on hypnotism in particular.

you might want to give Louise Theroux's audio podcasts a go they are on BBC Radio 4 or BBC Sounds on catch-up, or on your where ever you get your podcasts from.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 25, 2020, 21:28:49 PM

whatever you thought you would be watching next, leave it. seriously leave it. put this on instead you will not be disappointed

watching this trailer now today it all doesn't seem to far fetched, unlike when i saw it on release of the film nine years ago

Aye it is, I normally put some films on Fri/Sat nights and this is first on there now. I was looking at Steven Soderbergh's filmography and theres a lot of films he's done that I know got good reviews but Ive never got round to watching so I may go on a binge of his stuff now.

UltraViolet

• View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 25, 2020, 23:45:08 PM

Aye it is, I normally put some films on Fri/Sat nights and this is first on there now. I was looking at Steven Soderbergh's filmography and theres a lot of films he's done that I know got good reviews but Ive never got round to watching so I may go on a binge of his stuff now.

well you can't go wrong with titles like: The Limey , Haywire, Side Effects,  and Solaris

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 26, 2020, 15:34:47 PM
Watch Hustle last night with the wife, its a chick flick but very funny lol