News

SMF - Just Installed!

where to buy popular digital music from in the year 2020 ?

UltraViolet · 268

UltraViolet

• What’s for tea mother?.... PINS!
    • View Profile
the title says it all really.

i normally use Bandcamp and Beatport for smaller titles but they do not have larger acts on there

any help would be greatly received
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 01:21:25 AM by UltraViolet »

Spacedeck

• View Profile
I haven't bought any digital music for a long while.  Everything I listen to is now done through Spotify.

Googling seems to suggest you can buy them on Amazon? Also can't forget iTunes but I think that'd be a little limiting depending on your devices? Another site I've found during a quick Google search is 7Digital who seem to also sell lossless versions.  There's bound to be more floating around somewhere but most of them I've never heard of or they seem to display prices in USD.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am the same, I mainly stream it these days.

UltraViolet

• What’s for tea mother?.... PINS!
    • View Profile
I haven't bought any digital music for a long while.  Everything I listen to is now done through Spotify.

Googling seems to suggest you can buy them on Amazon? Also can't forget iTunes but I think that'd be a little limiting depending on your devices? Another site I've found during a quick Google search is 7Digital who seem to also sell lossless versions.  There's bound to be more floating around somewhere but most of them I've never heard of or they seem to display prices in USD.

strangely i did a online search and didn't get 7digital which is actually had what i was looking for: Soundgarden's 'Jesus Christ Pose'  i would of normally of brought the CD but i can't find a decent second-hand copy.

as far as i'm aware iTunes music brought in the app is tied to it; i don't think you can transfer them out.

as for amazon i don't have an account with them anymore; i deleted it a year or so back and only shop online with UK shops (mostly independents) 

homerramone

• View Profile
Digital downloads... Meh
Spotify - old hat

Vinyl is where its at :D