Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Follow us on
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has just proper fucked me off now. Managed to get to the end of world 3 on experienced no a single credit. Evan managed to defeat the boss. So far so good.
    2 levels later all lives gone. 2 credits later temper beginning to fray. I perservered until the end boss - got him down to < 50% health.. then died. Then RType syndrome kicked in.
    Nothing dies fast enough with stock firepower to be able to make headway - after about 6 credits worth of spawning and dying within seconds - because theres bullets all over the screen, and because ive lost all my fire power I cant clear space enough to avoid baddies spawning on top of me. Eventually it was turned off. Not sure I want to go back to it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by homerramone View Post
    This has just proper fucked me off now. Managed to get to the end of world 3 on experienced no a single credit. Evan managed to defeat the boss. So far so good.
    2 levels later all lives gone. 2 credits later temper beginning to fray. I perservered until the end boss - got him down to < 50% health.. then died. Then RType syndrome kicked in.
    Nothing dies fast enough with stock firepower to be able to make headway - after about 6 credits worth of spawning and dying within seconds - because theres bullets all over the screen, and because ive lost all my fire power I cant clear space enough to avoid baddies spawning on top of me. Eventually it was turned off. Not sure I want to go back to it now.
    i played a little this morning, and, I agree with you totally. Someone on Discord said it's the Gradius problem (dieing and being left with nothing)
    i on the other hand had the sound cut out more than once on me today, when I first played this day one I got the same problem and I thought it was my old sound bar playing up but it's not. I think I'm going to now wait until a patch is made for the sound but also the hardness thing as this has been talked about quite a lot on Discord.
    the game plays so well when everything is right, but, plays so very badly when things are wrong: I've spawned into rooms right in front of enemies and died straight off, or been unable to see what was going on and died and not even know what killed me.

i think if things don't get sorted soon 90% of the players will move on and only the top scorers will be left and housemaque will be left preaching to the converted

Post Thanks / Like
    I mentioned it on discord during the beta - and again in the feedback.
    They have tried to handle it - when you die your last powerup is left behind to collect. But this doesnt accomodate the fact that you will often just die again before it can be collected. Once your in that state your pretty much stuffed I think.
    Its the spike too though - Most of it is a nice progressive difficulty but this is marred but the ones that miss the mark. Because of the nature of it theres no forgiveness.