News

SMF - Just Installed!

PS5 Who is getting one?

daddyduche · 4429

daddyduche

• View Profile
on: November 18, 2020, 08:22:28 AM
So with the money finally taken from my account I now know that I will be receiving my PS5 tomorrow and not the dreaded late cancellation email. I am way more excited than I should be for someone of my age having lived through every video game generation there as ever been and hopefully a few more to come.

Lets see if we can get some discussions going on here, what with last weeks Xbox launch and this weeks PS launch, and considering this is a gaming forum if we cannot now then we never will.

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 11:13:31 AM
Once you have used the new console for a bit can you post your first impressions? You know things like what the UI is like (flowing & easy to use or clunky in your opinion), features (do they work they way you expected, are they good new features or gimmicky etc), blah blah you know the sort of things that an MVG'er would want to know about; if you don't mind.

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!

skyshadow5

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 08:36:37 AM
So which lucky buggers have got their PS5  delivered today then?

❤️Taylor Swift fan❤️
Love astronomy & science.
Love motorsport 🏁
An odd mixture I know, but, hey, if we were all the same life would be boring right!

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 21:48:57 PM
Got mine today, liking the design more than I did in the photos. Connected it up and had a play around with the ui, settings etc, downloaded a couple of games and seem to only be able to download one at a time, and had an issue with the ps5 not being able to detect that my tv has hdr but sorted that in the end.  Will have a proper play over the weekend but so far I'm pleased with it.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 00:22:05 AM
I got my ps5. I do like the design from one angle but don’t like the disk tray side. Just looks odd.
Mine has the coil whine sadly but luckily it’s not super noticeable but I may try get it sorted later down the line as it’s not important at the moment.
Demon’s souls is amazing and same with miles morales. Astor’s is a good bit of fun but the main star is that controller. I’ve always been a Xbox controller fan but this is now my favourite controller. Perfect size for my long fingers and the feedback and triggers are amazing.
Can’t wait to see what Sony have lined up for future games and the controller.

ewan1978

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 16:45:41 PM
Got mine today, got caught up in the whole game/yodel fiasco, but well impressed on first impression, got the digital version as I don’t use discs anymore. Even the upscale on PS4 games is impressive

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 15:10:20 PM
Is there any games out for the PS5 that are not out for PS4, this is a general question as I havent seen much about either new console

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 15:21:59 PM
Is there any games out for the PS5 that are not out for PS4, this is a general question as I havent seen much about either new console
I think Demon’s souls remake is ps5 only. And ratchet and clank will be ps5 only once it launches.