News

SMF - Just Installed!

Coronavirus and the Lockdown.

zapiy · 20191

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 16, 2020, 23:00:10 PM
Glad you are all finding ways to keep busy. It’s just something I hope we don’t go through again.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 01:01:44 AM
I’ve started VR biking lol. I use the exercise bike and find a vr youtube mtb video on my phone and use one of those crappy phone vr headsets lol.

cryingscotsman

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 09:47:02 AM
I’ve started VR biking lol. I use the exercise bike and find a vr youtube mtb video on my phone and use one of those crappy phone vr headsets lol.

Funny - I’ve been looking a lot over the last few days about vr biking. I have a crappy exercise bike but have a Bluetooth cadence sensor. I’ve got both a htc vive and oculus rift and thought that there must be some vr exercise game, but no - either you need to have an oculus quest/go or buy a vr bike. Balls to that.

I hadn’t considered the YouTube vr thing - but I will now, cheers!

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 12:06:52 PM
Virtual desktop and YouTube should work well. Sadly I can’t fit my exercise bike in the same room as my pc and gaming stuff to try it lol

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 15:47:18 PM
After all this craziness is over where is the one place you have been before where you want to go back to ?

Mine is first the pub for a proper pint of real ale and then I want to go to the algarve again as it is stunning.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 19:26:32 PM
I suspect you won't be going on holiday this year, lots of special conditions will be put in place. Pubs will have strict door limits and so on.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 20:07:06 PM
This year will be a right off for holidays.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 20:24:29 PM
I’ll be going riding at Danbury common bike park. I can’t see me going to anywhere people are for awhile

cryingscotsman

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 18, 2020, 10:08:46 AM
Looking forward to going for a pub lunch with wife and kids, and also the cinema - my mate and I go every Friday and although I don’t think it will be for a while, looking forward to getting back into that ritual.

stonesroses

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: April 18, 2020, 16:26:53 PM
I work as an insurance broker and have been at the company  for 6 years so fingers crossed the job is safe but who knows where all this is heading.

Awful part of the job is telling all these business owners, that you get to know well, that they have no cover. Didn’t help with the government giving everyone the impression they should be covered in more than one occasion so in a lot of cases you have to break the news to these people on 3 separate occasions.

This isn’t life and death stuff but still a major consequence of this bloody virus and will have a massive impact.

And deadol I would say get out on that bike early morning like the other chap said, as without knowing your whole story I would be amazed if it didn’t help. Exercise is great for anxiety/depression as I’m sure you already know. Ronnie O’Sullivan used exercise to deal with his and if it works for him it can work for anyone.

DEADDOLL666

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 18, 2020, 17:09:45 PM
I work as an insurance broker and have been at the company  for 6 years so fingers crossed the job is safe but who knows where all this is heading.

Awful part of the job is telling all these business owners, that you get to know well, that they have no cover. Didn’t help with the government giving everyone the impression they should be covered in more than one occasion so in a lot of cases you have to break the news to these people on 3 separate occasions.

This isn’t life and death stuff but still a major consequence of this bloody virus and will have a massive impact.

And deadol I would say get out on that bike early morning like the other chap said, as without knowing your whole story I would be amazed if it didn’t help. Exercise is great for anxiety/depression as I’m sure you already know. Ronnie O’Sullivan used exercise to deal with his and if it works for him it can work for anyone.

Yeah it helps me a lot as it makes me feel a lot better after doing it. Even just the exercise bike helps after using it

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 18, 2020, 19:48:37 PM
Looking forward to going for a pub lunch with wife and kids, and also the cinema - my mate and I go every Friday and although I don’t think it will be for a while, looking forward to getting back into that ritual.

Is there film worth watching every Friday mate?

cryingscotsman

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 09:23:35 AM

Is there film worth watching every Friday mate?

Haha no, definitely not but we normally watch 2 on a Friday and the odd mid week one as well. The unlimited cineworld membership is great and with it only being around £18 a month we end up watching anything that’s on. The great thing is we end up seeing things I would never have seen otherwise and you get the odd gem - like an Egyptian drama a couple of years ago that ended up being one of my favourites.

If you’ve got a cineworld near you (and is the reopen!) its definitely worth it.

UltraViolet

Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 15:56:43 PM
I have a totally ‘first world problem’  of living in a flat without any outside area to use, which, normally isn’t a problem, but, if I have to move in the coming years I will try my best to find somewhere which has got one. So, not working at the moment because of the lockdown means a lot of video calls and f*ck tons of tv binge watching:-)

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:39 AM
How are we all coping, be good to hear you are all safe and doing well?

Hanging in there, I've just had 2 weeks off work which I thought about cancelling but decided to take as I'd been looking forward to taking.

Biggest annoyance for me right now is I was right on the cusp of buying my first house, I'd been accepted for a mortgage and had several properties lined up to view then this lockdown kicked in. I don't know if I was better or worse for buying right now, at the very least I'd have had a new place to work on making my own!

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo