News

SMF - Just Installed!

What are you watching?

WiggyDiggyPoo · 4743

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
on: September 07, 2020, 15:26:04 PM
** Am I going mad? I could have sworn we had one of these already! **

I've just watched A Quiet Place and Bird Box. Both horror films with similar premises (can't make noise/can't use eyes) but AQP is much better done than BB though I enjoyed both. If you like suspenseful horror then don't ready anything about these and watch them!

PS John Malkovich in Bird Box is brilliant, though he is genrally great in anything!

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 01:56:11 AM
Watched them both a few months back and really enjoyed both films.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 11:19:39 AM
Watched them both a few months back and really enjoyed both films.

Anything similar you'd reccomend?

I watched The Dead Don't Die last night, interesting take on the Zombie theme but the story was not as good as the cast deserved I felt.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 00:47:03 AM
Just recently I have been watching stuff I have not heard of but not seen any good horrors for a while mate.

I did watch one called "The last movie star" with Burt Reynolds & Ariel Winter in a while back that was different, He is a old actor and gets invited to attend a film festival in his honour but it is a bunch of die hard fans running it, Something a bit different.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 07:53:17 AM
The Last Movie Star - I'll take it thanks, Burt Reynolds is great and apparently the director wrote this for him.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 13:14:11 PM
The Last Movie Star - I'll take it thanks, Burt Reynolds is great and apparently the director wrote this for him.
Great film and I didn't realise the film was written for him

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 18:51:56 PM
I’ve finally joined the “Game of Thrones” bandwagon.

It’s. . . different

I also tried watching “Bloodshot” the new Vin Diesel flick without subtitles

The story actually isn’t too bad; dead soldier brought back to life , hunts for his wife’s killer.

I will watch it again with subtitles to see what Mr Grunty was saying

~GC~

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 01:01:38 AM
Game of thrones or tits and dragons as we call it at work  ;D

On the last episode of haunting of Hill house, Really enjoyable ghost story.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 07:48:02 AM
Game of Thrones is very good, it got a lot of (rightful) criticism in the final seasons for the plot going off the rails but I always enjoyed it and there really isn't anything else like it.

I just finished The Walking Dead S10 only to find out they are making another 6 episodes before S11  ::) Like GoT this isn't perfect but it's unique and enjoyable, and they always get very good people in to play the villains. Samantha Morton was the big bad this time and she was excellent.

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 12:35:04 PM
Oooooooo I might just try and get back into The Walking Dead if Samantha Morton is in it now 🥰

I stopped watching it after the S8 break. I never could understand why the started doing those breaks 🙄

-GC-

~GC~

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 13:25:56 PM
Oooooooo I might just try and get back into The Walking Dead if Samantha Morton is in it now 🥰

I stopped watching it after the S8 break. I never could understand why the started doing those breaks 🙄

-GC-

S10 had a 6 month break due to COVID, literally the final episode (e16) was delayed until recently lol. Sam Morton is excellent in it, it might be a cliche of 'english actor doing US accent' but she's so damn good in it. There are some other names in S9/10 that you might recognise from other shows but I wont spoil it.

One tip - don't google anything about TWD right now as there's two spin offs planned and articles about them have a habit of spoiling the recently ended S10!

Gorillachops

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 18:37:46 PM
Cheers Dude

Classic, I told Mrs C (GBH) the alternate  name for Game of Thrones and my 8 year old pipes up with “That is very inappropriate Daddy” Her mum almost lost her breath laughing 😂

~GC~