News

SMF - Just Installed!

Coronavirus and the Lockdown.

zapiy · 3270

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 01:57:01 AM
Walked into work tonight and they have put 5 more people on furlough so that is 34% of my night shift and 32% of the day shift.

I will be lucky to make it to the end of the week without the night shift being closed and moved onto days again or I will be furloughed.

If they do I am going to be hitting the cycling big time again and start to finish some of the games that I started but never finished, The Metro series comes to mind.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 02:27:59 AM
It's hard to see which way this is going to go, you have some governments easing lockdown and other strengthening it. Don't envy those making the decisions damned if you do, dawned if you don't.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 25, 2020, 10:22:27 AM
I hope we will start to see some normality return by the 3rd week of May.

Just think, even when they start to ease things we all need to be aware of each other, give people space and so on and keep this clean attitude up.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 13:44:01 PM
Just about to start week 5 of lockdown, go outside its starting to look like a normal day.

zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 28, 2020, 10:34:28 AM
People are getting tired, ythe government will have to put the army on the streets at this rate.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 28, 2020, 12:15:54 PM
Worse day of lockdown so far probably to do with the weather but on the bright side could be back to work in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 18:11:15 PM by daddyduche »

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 18:11:57 PM
Past the peak now which is great news

TITAN TAYL0R

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 04, 2020, 08:29:15 AM
Past the peak now which is great news

hopefully,

we could end up having a 2nd wave of it tho, i bloody well hope not

Check out my Twitch Channel Here

https//www.twitch.tv/titantayl0r

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 06, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
The quicker this ends the better, Some of the things I have witnessed during this period is nothing short of disgusting.
Arguments about furlough, Why was that person furloughed and not me, Your furlough has ended but they do not want to return to work, People classing it as one almighty doss, Shoppers screaming at people that are stacking the shelves ect ect ect.

There are some people that I will struggle to look in the eyes the next time I see them due to the way they have acted.

I am proud how most of the nation has pulled together with the old Dunkirk sprite but like I said there are some people that have shown their true colours in the pandemic.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 14:52:16 PM
Its been a very mixed reaction that I've seen - mostly good though. I haven't seen any large gatherings close to me, though some people are visiting each other (which I think is ok with distancing). The shops (Lidl for me) have been very good and everyone at them has mostly seemed resigned to queuing and being careful inside.

Where I think it an go wrong now is if there is a partial easement on the lockdown it'll be like that first weekend when the schools closed - 1000s of people will all try to climb Mt Snowdown all at once!

For me I'd just like to visit some family/friends, there's no one close by to me and whilst video chat/game chat is fine I'm really missing an actual conversation with a human face!

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo
Pulling Together - Order beer and ale from pubs in your area https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 15, 2020, 16:30:32 PM
Being self employed I was entitled too a grant from the government so all wasn't so bad and it's back to work on Monday.

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 21, 2020, 21:41:43 PM
Back to work for 3 days and now off again until next week, think this is how it's going to be for quite a while, sadly there are a lot of people worse off than myself.

Rownaldo

• View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 02:50:23 AM
We are having another round of furloughs at the end of the month, The downside is that people that did not want to furlough have realised that staying at home on 90% of your wages (our place gives an extra 10% on top of the government scheme) that they are better off than going into work with fuel and food costs not needed so people that did not want furlough at the beginning now want it but they have missed the cut off point so the fun and games will start tomorrow when this is announced.

Should be fun tomorrow night lol.

WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 16, 2020, 10:19:03 AM
I'm still working (from home) - got a good routine now, home office setup etc I know I'm very lucky and 100000s aren't. I think at the beginning if I'd been offered furlough I might have taken it but over time I'd come to regret as really I'd rather be working. The time I'm saving on my commute gives me a much better work/life balance anyway, and home working is so much more relaxing than office based.

XBL: Wiggydiggypoo
Pulling Together - Order beer and ale from pubs in your area https://camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/

daddyduche

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 25, 2020, 10:09:06 AM
Miss lock down, the traffic around here is horrendous.